Wednesday, May 4, 2011

New Job! :)

Eeeek - it's been a month since I posted last! Believe, me its been for good reason.  The last month has been pretty hectic with work, the job search, brewing, and all sorts of other stuff.  And, to be honest, this post will probably be on the short side.  However. the really exciting news that has come up for me in the last month is that I got a new job! 

For those of you talk to me personally, you know that I have been looking for a new job pretty actively since the fall.  My main reason for this was to reduce the amount of time I spend on the road.  The concept of being gone Monday - Thursday almost every week, has been taking its toll on me lately, and I had finally made the decision to try to move out of the consultant life into something that would allow me to be home a lot more. 

After spending several months applying to all sorts of jobs on Monster, etc, I finally got an interview and job offer from Dow Chemical a few weeks ago.  I accepted the offer and will be starting my new job next week!  I will still be doing SAP work with this job, except I will be on the client-side, representing the business, rather than being a functional consultant.  This job will allow me to be home (like a normal person) a whole lot more, and I think will be a very good fit for me long term.  I am very excited to start this new phase of my career!

Other than the new job, I have actually been very busy with a lot of other stuff in my life too - especially brewing.  I think I have two more beers since my last post, and entered three of my beers (one of which was brewed in collaboration with my buddy Keith) in a local homebrewing competition!  I will be posting a much more detailed post about my brewing activities, as I have made a decent amount of progress in that area of my life in the last month.  If all goes well, that update will be coming sooner, rather than later.

Cheers!  Ruination clone in a Stone Brewing imperial pint glass :)


Song of the Day: "Centerfield" by John Fogerty
Beer of the Day: Sierra Nevada's 30th Anniversary Ale

3 comments:

  1. Move to Syracuse and help me open my brewery =) I need investors and brewers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those Mom's PBCC's in the background behind that beer? Congrats on the job and getting your beers into that competition. If you need any tasters to audit, I'm excepting requests!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jeff - how about you move to Philly and open your brewery here :-P

    @Marty - no those are actually some delicious cookies that Theresa made :-) PS - stop by Tom and Jason's - i sent up a six pack and a couple big bottles when Tom was visiting. you may have to negotiate a bottle from Jason haha. sorry, i should have thought to send some up for you with Tom. oh well - next time :)

    ReplyDelete