Thursday, July 21, 2011

Update: Mash Tun Done

I pulled apart the valve assembly on my mash and switched out a couple seals and put it all back together on Tuesday.  After doing a half-hour leak test, it looks like it is holding a much better seal and I am good to go.  As promised, here are a couple pictures of the finished product.  If all go as planned this weekend, I should be breaking this baby in on Saturday and/or Sunday!

The plastic spigot that was originally on this cooler was replaced with a 3/8" ball valve.

An inside view: I built a little screen filter out of the stainless steel mesh from a washer connector hose.  This should keep the grains out of boil kettle.

Song of the Day: "Good People" by Jack Johnson
Beer of the Day:  Sam Adams Summer Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment