Thursday, October 21, 2010

Beer and Ska ....

... make me happy :-).  Drinking through my IPA that my buddy Keith and I brewed still.  Bought the stuff to brew a Tripel, which naturally put me in the mood to drink a homebrew.  Here's a picture of my IPA in a cool glass that Theresa got me as a gift - its basically a double blown glass with the inner shape looking like an upside down bottle:


Looking forward to brewing the Tripel sometime in the next week or so.  Should be an interesting one to brew.  After this one, I really want to try and branch out and try brewing some beers that are a little more out-there.  I want to try to experiment a bit more and find something interesting and different.  I'm sure this will result in a couple batches not coming out as expected, but it will be fun doing it and I think I will learn more about brewing by doing that.

Mark reminded me something in a text message today - ska rules (to quote Mark, "Hooray ska").  Been mostly listening to ska lately with bits of metal sprinkled here and there.  Downloaded Streetlight Manifesto's album "99 Songs of Revolution" a few weeks ago - it really reminded me how much I love Streetlight and how talented they are.  The album is a bunch of covers of songs (for the most part), some of which are obscure, others not.  My favorites on it are their version of "Me and Julio", their cover of the NOFX song "Linoleum" (which they have actually been playing live for a long time because one of their horn players used to be in NOFX), and "We Provide the Paint" (which is originally by Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution, who is pretty much just acoustic Streetlight with some string players, etc.).  If you like ska, and especially if you like Streetlight, its definitely worth picking up.  If you like ska, and don't really know Streetlight, check out the album "Everything Went Numb" also - definitely my favorite Streetlight album, and probably in my personal top 5.

Funny quote by Theresa from tonight: "It should be 'Joe Horse', not 'Joe Buck'."  Its true, he does kinda look like a horse haha.  Coincidentally, he also has the intelligence of a horse.

Still trying to figure out what to be for Halloween.  I was going to be Dwight Schrut from "The Office", but then i realized I would have to shave my beard so that ain't gonna happen.  So, the search continues for a Halloween costume idea.

Looking forward to another relaxing weekend filled with hanging with Theresa and the Abby the bulldog, video games (mostly Halo: Reach probably), and perhaps brewing a new batch of beer.

Song of the Day: "Better Place, Better Time" by Streetlight Manifesto
Beer of the Day: Homebrew IPA (brewed by my buddy Keith and I)

Side Note: Weebles wobble but they never fall over.  What should we learn from this?  Don't get in a wrestling match with Weeble.

2 comments: