Saturday, June 18, 2011

... By the Seat of My Pants

Well, I was going to spend some time today and work on some stuff with this blog (post an update on the last month or so, tweak the design a bit, add in a section for homebrew recipes, etc.), but I had a little change of plans.  Since it was such a beautiful day today, I decided to do a little hiking with Abby.  Afterwards, while on a field trip to check out a local homebrew supply shop that I hadn't been to before, I decided I was going to take my first crack at making mead today.  End result - didn't have much time to update the blog.  Oh well, hopefully tomorrow.  In the mean time, here's a couple pictures from today.

Abby cooling off in the creek at Smedley Park :-)

Hydrometer reading (measures the specific gravity of a liquid to determine how much sugar is in solution to measure the potential alcohol content) of my first mead.  I decided to start small with a one gallon batch made with clover honey.

Song of the Day: "Pardon Me" (Acoustic) by Incubus
Beer of the Day: Sam Adams' Latitude 48 IPA

2 comments:

  1. 48 IPA may be one of the coolest east cost ipas out there. for the major players in east coast micro brewing, 48 IPA is only behind Harpoon and 60 minutes (90 minute does not compare to 60 minute).

    ReplyDelete
  2. 48 IPA deconstructed is awesome too - they do a single hop type version of 48 (i.e. one with all zeus, one with all east kent goldings, etc.)

    ReplyDelete